Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Rest Day, For Once




June 25 Day 16

Today was unusual. There was no game. I did not charge around the South African countryside.

I worked on my computer most of the day, and hung around the hotel.

I picked up another rental car, again a Chevrolet Aveo, of course an automatic. With teams' losing and going home, many fans are departing as well.

In the evening I drove down to Sandton and had dinner with Angelo at a buffet restaurant, with more food than I had ever seen. I am eating well here, when I eat. Of course we watched the evening's game, Spain v Chile. Angelo is an easy-going companion, a really good man to know.

Driving back to the hotel in Pretoria, I had failed to study the map, and that failure cost me. I wandered around for about 45 minutes, looking for the hotel.

My bed felt really good when at last I joined it.

No comments:

Post a Comment